The Best High-Pressure Steam Cleaners
Steam cleaners are great for cleaning without using chemicals, lifting dirt from the surfaces you are cleaning and sanitize them at the same time. Some steam cleaners have high enough pressure to blast dirt of hard to reach places, too!
We have reviewed the best high-pressure steam cleaners on the market this year. Let’s have a look!
Our Top List
McCulloch MC1385 High-Pressure Steam Cleaner
Dupray Hill Injection Commercial Steam Cleaner
Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner
Bissell Power Steamer Heavy Duty
Wagner Spraytech 915 HR Elite
McCulloch MC1275 Heavy-Duty Steam Cleaner
- The Best High-Pressure Steam Cleaners
- Our Top List
- 1. McCulloch MC1385 High-Pressure Steam Cleaner
- 2. Dupray Hill Injection Commercial Steam Cleaner
- 3. Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner
- 4. Bissell Power Steamer Heavy Duty
- 5. Wagner Spraytech 915 HR Elite
- 6. McCulloch MC1275 Heavy-Duty Steam Cleaner
- What is the best couch steam cleaner?
- McCulloch MC1385
- How To Choose A Steam Cleaner with High Pressure
- Areas To Steam Clean
- Size of Steam Cleaner
- Key Features
- Safety Features
- Water Tank Size
- Pressure Steam Cleaner FAQs
1. McCulloch MC1385 High-Pressure Steam Cleaner
This steam cleaner is quick and easy to use with twenty-three accessories: a floor mop, mop pads, nylon brushes, brass brush, and many others that carry out different cleaning jobs. When you are done, you can store the accessories in the accessory bag. The steaming power is efficient for cleaning stuck grease stains, and you can easily change the steam power using the turn dial.
The cleaner can work continuously for two hours. It is easy to move from room to room because of its handle design. The wheels are large enough to maneuver through different spaces and surfaces easily. The power cord is very long, allowing easy movement in large rooms or moving from room to room without disconnecting it from power.
- 64-ounce water tank
- Optional steam lock for continuous steam
- Twenty-three different cleaning accessories
- Four bar pressure
- Eighteen-foot-long power cable allows you to go far, and the steam hose is ten feet long to provide ease of movement.
- Up to 200°F steam temperature available
- The water tank takes less than fifteen minutes to heat
- It has great reachability because it has two extension wands
- The cleaning accessories allow for cleaning of different kinds of surfaces
- The large water tank and runtime of 120 minutes last for long
- The steam rate has a high of 31 grams per minute min with a low of 15 grams per minute
- We have found no issues with this one.
2. Dupray Hill Injection Commercial Steam Cleaner
This steam cleaner is versatile, making it a top choice. It can clean many types of surfaces, from hard ones to soft furnishings, without damaging them. The steam cleaner has two water tanks that heat the water in eight minutes.
When one tank runs out of water, you can continue to steam while you fill up the other tank for uninterrupted cleaning. There is an option of using detergent, which is added to a smaller tank.
- It has two water tanks and a detergent tank
- It has a steam control system
- Steam is heated up to 347°F, which is powerful in removing stubborn stains and dirt.
- Digital display steam temperature, pressure, and maintenance.
- Twenty-seven different cleaning accessories
- Superheated steam is low moisture making it great for wooden surfaces
- Heats the water in the tanks in only eight minutes
- Displays information like temperature, steam pressure, and when you need to carry out a quick boiler rinse
- Two water tanks allow for continual cleaning
- It can change from very heated dry steam to very heated low moisture steam depending on the need.
- Only for commercial use due to the price. But it’s a real workhorse!
3. Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner
This steam cleaner is a modern minimalist cylinder steam cleaner that works for all kinds of cleaning jobs. The steam pressure is optimized to clean all types of surfaces thoroughly. The steam cleaner is easy to use and cart around.
The power cord is sixteen-foot feet long, which makes it easy to move around a room. The hose is seven feet long, making it easy to clean tough to reach areas. The steam cleaner is easy to use and is quiet, making it convenient any time of the day or night.
It has one hour of uninterrupted cleaning time because of the large water tank. To use the machine, wait for the light to turn green, indicating that you can continue cleaning. It comes with accessories such as two extension tubes, a floor tool, different kinds of brushes, a window tool, a steam lance, a triangular tool, and many others.
- A water tank of 1.6 liters
- Retractable handle
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Floor head with three microfibre pads
- Manual nozzle with microfibre cover, detail, and squeegee nozzle
- Brass bristle brush and five small brushes
- It has two extension tubes
- Microfibre cloth and fragrance disc
- Powerful steaming action
- Quiet to use
- High water tank capacity
- Low moisture, very heated steam
- Long heating time
4. Bissell Power Steamer Heavy Duty
This steam cleaner is powerful, multi-use, and heavy-duty and delivers on thorough cleaning. The steam cleaner has a multi-purpose water tank that works with water and detergent. The stainless-steel boiler takes half a minute to heat, and you can use the steam.
It deep cleans all kinds of surfaces and comes with different cleaning attachments that are easy to change when necessary. It is handheld which allows for cleaning on different surfaces such as the floor, the ceiling, and hard-to-reach areas. Its high pressure is effective in cleaning all kinds of dirt and stains.
- It can clean many surfaces with twenty-five cleaning accessories.
- Has sanitary efficiency of 99.9%
- It is easy to store with the wall mount option
- Has variable steam modes from very powerful to milder pressure
- Easy to change the trigger to control the intensity of the steam pressure
- Accessory storage enables easy access to them while you continue cleaning
- Extension wand connects easily to the main body of the steamer
- Come with brass bristle brushes which provides scrubbing power for extra-tough messes
- On-demand trigger allows controlling the amount of steam being released
- High pressure and temperature steam enables thorough cleaning
- Shorter hose
5. Wagner Spraytech 915 HR Elite
This steam cleaner is an easy-to-carry, heavy-duty device that gets rid of the dirt in the grout lines and effectively kills pests and disinfects areas in the home. The steam cleaner can remove old wallpaper. It comes with accessories to clean different surfaces and their materials.
Its temperature climbs up to 212°F to kill bacteria. It has a runtime of up to forty-five minutes and takes a short time for the water to heat in the tanks.
A red light goes on the central unit, which shows that it is ready for use. The jet nozzle has up to 1500-watt power to efficiently clean patio furniture and car tires.
- Water tank can carry up to forty ounces of water
- Has multiple attachments to clean different surfaces
- Can produce high-temperature steam
- Has maximum pressure of 55psi
- Has up to 45 minutes of uninterrupted use
- The power cord of sixteen feet
- Hose length is six feet
- Has a wallpaper removal attachment to get rid of old wallpaper
- Builds steam power quickly so that it is ready to use in a short time
- Great for cleaning different surfaces
- It has a high heat setting and great steam pressure
The power cord is a bit short.
6. McCulloch MC1275 Heavy-Duty Steam Cleaner
This cleaner lifts the most stubborn stains and dirt using steam pressure and high temperatures. It comes with cleaning accessories to clean different surface types thoroughly. The power cord is long to enable ease of movement in a room, and the steam hose is nine feet long, making it easy to use in areas that are difficult to use.
It is small and versatile, making it a great option for beginners who have never used a steam cleaner before. It has many different steam settings and a chemical-free sanitation system.
- Steam Lock Switch for consistent steam stream
- A powerful jet nozzle
- It comes with various cleaning accessories
- A water tank of forty-eight ounces of water
- It comes with two extension wands
- Provides one hour of uninterrupted steam
- Has capacity for high pressure and high-temperature steam
- Versatile and easy to carry because of its small compact size
- Powerful steam with antimicrobial efficiency
- Multiple cleaning accessories provided
- Easy to set up and use
- Steam runs out fast
What is the best couch steam cleaner?
The McCulloch MC1385 High-Pressure Steam Cleaner is our top choice based on all the steam cleaners we tested. This one beat the competition because of its sleek and adaptable design, making it easy to use on all types of surfaces and in hard-to-reach areas. Its long run time was another element that made it a favorite, with its ability for uninterrupted use for two hours.
It comes with so many different cleaning accessories that make it a great option for deep cleaning different surfaces. It has powerful steam pressure and high temperature, providing great sanitizing effects to kill germs and bacteria on the surfaces. It is overall easy to use when you master it making it our top choice in steam cleaners.
How To Choose A Steam Cleaner with High Pressure
Choosing a steam cleaner can be overwhelming because of the many types available. There are four types of steam cleaners based on their size and function. These four types are Handheld Steam Cleaners which are small and easy to carry.
The other type is Steam Mops which are mostly used for deep cleaning and sanitizing floors. Cylinder Steam Cleaners are large. Finally, Vapor steam cleaners use a drier form of steam, which is vapor, to deep clean. There are several factors that you can think about before making a choice to get the best option.
Areas To Steam Clean
The first thing is where you may use the steam cleaner, what kind of surfaces. Typically, steam cleaners are used in living rooms to clean the floors of different materials, for instance, tiles, wooden floors, or concrete floors. You can also clean carpets, upholstery, and soft furnishings.
The sinks, cabinets, countertops, kitchen appliances, bathroom grout, and floors will need to be steam cleaned in the kitchen and bathroom. You will also wash your window treatments and windows, vehicles, ceilings, and walls. The kind of steam cleaner should be able to clean all these areas efficiently.
Size of Steam Cleaner
Small size steam cleaners have a small water tank size and will have less pressure and lower temperatures than larger options. A smaller steam cleaner will work for an average-sized home. A steam cleaner that is small but compact will carry out the cleaning, sanitizing, and refreshing the areas that need to be cleaned.
They will have a good length of uninterrupted steam pressure, and it should last at least thirty minutes. For people with pets, get a steam cleaner that can get rid of stains and freshen the room. For larger homes, a heavy-duty steam cleaner is best.
Good options to look out for should have a large water tank, sustained pressure, high temperatures, and multiple cleaning accessories for different surfaces. For commercial use, powerful steam cleaners are best because they will cover large areas in a short while.
The cost of a steam cleaner ranges from less than $100 to more than $2000. Once you know how much you are willing to spend, you can pick a steam cleaner that will serve you while remaining within your budget. Also, check the warranty terms and the durability of the machine.
An expensive steam cleaner that will be efficient for a long time is a better option than a cheaper one that you will need to replace after a few uses. Also, do not choose a steam cleaner that needs plenty of maintenance as this may lead you to spend more than you intend to.
Steam cleaners will have different features that set their brand apart from others. Based on your needs, pick a steam cleaner that will be most useful to you. For example, if you have many hard-to-reach areas, pick an easy-to-carry steam cleaner that will easily get to those areas.
Some great features to look out for are easy to grip and insulated handle to allow you to work in comfort and an indicating system that shows when the cleaner is ready to use. Cleaning accessories are great, and a locking system for the attachments will reduce the chances of having burns and other accidents.
Because steam can be dangerous and cause burns, it is important to choose a steam cleaner with safety features to remain safe. Some safety features to look out for include Automatic heat shut off, where the steam cleaner will automatically go off if the temperatures go higher than the safety threshold.
Low water indicators are another safety feature. It uses light or beeps when water runs out of the water tank to prevent damage to the machine. Child safety locks are another safety feature designed to keep children from accidentally turning the steam cleaner on.
A non-pressurized boiler is another safety feature that protects you from getting burnt by steam when filling the water tanks while still using the cleaner.
Water Tank Size
The water tank of the steam cleaner determines its capacity. Smaller steam cleaners have smaller water tanks to fill more frequently, but they will heat up faster.
When cleaning smaller spaces, a smaller steam cleaner will be sufficient. For larger houses, a larger one will be better so that you will not have to keep refilling the water tank.
Ease of Use
Smaller steam cleaners that are portable are easier to use compared to larger ones. However, when cleaning large surfaces or areas with plenty of traffic, for example, hotels, a larger steam cleaner is a better option.
Look out for accessories that will serve your intended purpose, such as cleaning accessories that can clean the various surfaces in your home. Also, check for longer power cords and hoses, as these allow you to move easily in the room without unplugging and plugging the cleaner every time you have to move.
For your steam cleaner to last long and serve you well, you will have to maintain it. There are steam cleaners that work with tap water, while others will work with distilled water. Ensure that you are aware of what you need to do to maintain your steam cleaner.
Some cleaners have a water filter that you must change, and it is important to do so when the time comes instead of putting it off. Proper care of your machine will keep it running efficiently for a long time.
Pressure Steam Cleaner FAQs
How effective is steam cleaning in getting rid of bed bugs?
Steam cleaning gets rid of bed bugs efficiently without having to use any chemicals. The pests die when a temperature over 120° F is applied, and most steam cleaners will have at least 200° F. The steam will kill off the bed bugs and the eggs laid.
Does steam damage wooden surfaces?
No, it doesn’t because the pressure and temperature are regulated based on the job you carry out. The cleaning accessories are also designed for wooden surfaces to clean them and prevent scratches, gouges, or other surface damage. Microfibre pads are some popular cleaning accessory options for wooden surfaces.
Can you use steam cleaners on all surfaces?
Yes, even soft furnishings and upholstery. The pressure and temperature of the steam are designed to strip off dirt and not damage the surface of the area you are cleaning. You will change the cleaning accessories to clean a surface thoroughly without damaging it.