The Best Leaf Vacuum Mulchers & Blowers
A high-quality leaf vacuum mulcher can make cleaning up your yard a quick and easy process, even if you have thick layers of leaves, sticks, or other items to contend with each fall.
We have reviewed the best leaf vacuum mulchers available this year. Let’s have a look!
Our Top List
Toro 51621 UltraPlus Leaf Blower Vacuum
Greenworks Cordless Leaf Blower/Vacuum
Black + Decker BV6600 Electric Blower Vacuum Mulcher Kit
Worx WG518 Corded Blower Vacuum Mulcher
Toro 51619 Ultra Electric Blower Vac
No products found.
Worx Trivac WG505 Vacuum Mulcher
- The Best Leaf Vacuum Mulchers & Blowers
- Our Top List
- 1. Toro 51621 UltraPlus Leaf Blower Vacuum
- 2. Greenworks Cordless Leaf Blower/Vacuum
- 3. Black + Decker BV6600 Electric Blower Vacuum Mulcher Kit
- 4. Worx WG518 Corded Blower Vacuum Mulcher
- 5. Toro 51619 Ultra Electric Blower Vac
- 6. Worx Trivac WG505 Vacuum Mulcher
- What is the best leaf vacuum mulcher?
- Toro 51621 UltraPlus
- Leaf Vacuum Blower Buying Guide
- Power Source
- Leaf Vacuum Mulcher FAQ
- 1. How do leaf vacuum mulchers work?
- 2. How do you convert from a blower to a vacuum?
- 3. Can you use leaf vacuum blower on wet leaves?
1. Toro 51621 UltraPlus Leaf Blower Vacuum
The first leaf vacuum mulcher on our list is a 3-in-1 electric machine that allows you to use it as a mulcher, vacuum, and a blower all in one to accomplish more yard work, and blow mode will give you 350 CFM of airflow while vacuum mode gives you 410 CFM to pick up wet and dry leaves with ease. You get variable speed control that allows you to turn it up higher to tackle wet debris or heavier things, or you can put it on a lower speed setting to remove a light layer of dust or dirt. The speed will go up to 250 MPH at the maximum setting, and you get up to 97% leaf reduction as you work.
This is a lightweight leaf mulcher at 8.9-pounds that allows you to use it seamlessly for hours without worrying about user fatigue, and it also has a very well-balanced design to it that makes it easy to maneuver. There are dual knobs you can hold while you work, and this gives you a greater range of movement. There is a durable metal impeller on this model that won’t corrode or rust with heavy use, and you can choose from five styles when you order to tailor your machine to fit your needs.
- Attachments: Bottom-zip bag, cord storage hook, vacuum tube, shred-all shred ring and an oscillating tube
- Brand: Toro
- CMF: 350 to 410
- Has a 3-in-1 design
- Offers 97% leaf reduction
- Lightweight and balanced
- Has several attachments
- Five styles available
- We have found no issues with this one
2. Greenworks Cordless Leaf Blower/Vacuum
This leaf mulcher will give you a power level that is comparable to gas-operated machines without the hassle of having to go get gas to fill it or mix gas and oil, and you can clean up debris while releasing zero emissions to make this a more environmentally-friendly option. It comes outfitted with brushless motor technology that gives you 30% more torque and an 80% longer life while creating less vibrations and noise to keep you comfortable as you work. There is a variable speed dial on this leaf mulcher that lets you regulate the speed to give you excellent directional control, and it has a turbo button that offers up to 185 MPH of wind speed.
You get a maximum of 340 CFM with an ergonomic and lightweight design that makes cleanup a quick and easy process, and all you have to do is snap in the battery, push the power button, and you’re ready to work. You can choose from three sizes and two styles when you purchase this product to tailor your pick to your needs, and the battery is part of the G-MAX System that allows you to swap them between tools. You get a nylon impeller that works well to mulch smaller debris, and the battery will charge from dead to full in one to two hours.
- Attachments: Battery and charger
- Brand: Greenworks
- CMF: 340
- Offers lower vibrations for user comfort
- Well-balanced for precision control
- Blower is very powerful
- Offers Turbo mode
- Battery is part of the G-MAX System
- Vacuum mode isn’t the greatest
3. Black + Decker BV6600 Electric Blower Vacuum Mulcher Kit
This 12-amp product is another 3-in-1 model that functions as an electric mulcher, vacuum, and blower to allow you to tackle a huge range of projects around your yard without a problem. It can quickly and easily convert from a corded leaf blower to a vacuum or mulcher to keep you seamlessly working on your projects, and it comes with a very simple variable speed control with two settings that allow you to do everything from clear delicate flower beds to remove grass clippings and stubborn leaves by switching it to run at 250 MPH. You also get a high-impact metal fan that helps to reduce clogging when you have it in mulching mode, and it can grind 16 bags of leaves down to a single one.
There is a reusable leaf bag on this product that is very easy to empty when you fill it to keep working, and you get a built-in cord retainer that helps keep your machine powered up and plugged in from start to finish. Converting between the various tools is a tool-free operation, and this machine runs on the quiet side at 68-decibels to allow you to use it around your neighbors without disturbing them. There is a metal impeller that allows you to mulch very fine debris without an issue.
- Attachments: Blow tube, vacuum tube, and an EZ empty reusable collection bag
- Brand: Black+Decker
- CMF: 250
- Comes with a cord retainer
- Metal impeller is nice
- Goes up to 250 MPH
- Has a reusable leaf bag
- Runs quieter
- Suction tube tends to clog
4. Worx WG518 Corded Blower Vacuum Mulcher
Worx offers a workhorse of a leaf blower that makes removing dry leaves from your yard or driveway a quick and easy process due to the speed options that start at 160 MPH and go up to 250 MPH. You can use this product for heavy-duty or light tasks without it stalling out or clogging to help you work seamlessly from start to finish, and the higher speed setting works well for getting rid of wet leaves, acorns, and twigs while the lighter setting works for more delicate tasks. This is a very lightweight model that weighs in a 7.5-pounds and allows you to work for a long time without any fatigue.
You get a 3-in-1 device with this machine that makes it quick and easy to switch from a blower to a vacuum without the need for any tools as long as you have the correct nozzles, and it gets up to 400 CFM to help you move wet or heavier debris without a problem. It has a metal impeller with a 16:1 mulching ratio, and there is a one-touch reversion between using it as a blower and a mulcher.
- Attachments: Collection bag
- Brand: Worx
- CMF: 400
- Up to 250 MPH
- Lightweight at 7.5-pounds
- 3-in-1 device with toolless switching
- 400 CFM
- Variable dual speed control
- Slightly noisier at 82-decibels
5. Toro 51619 Ultra Electric Blower Vac
No products found.
You’ll get some of the top-rated air horsepower in the industry with this product because you can get up to 410 CFM in vacuum mode and 350 CFM in blow mode to help you take on a range of tasks, and there is a quick-release latch that makes it fast and easy to convert from one to the other as you work. There is a cord lock on this device that will keep the cord attached to the unit to give you a constant flow of power from start to finish, and the cord storage hook will allow you to wind the cord up to store it neatly between uses.
You can quickly and easily disassemble this leaf mulcher and place it in one of the bags to make storage quick and easy, and it comes with a metallic impeller that will last for a long time while allowing you to cut down bigger and harder debris by as much as 88%. The variable speeds give you much better control as you work, and it’s a 3-in-1 option that lets you take on different projects around the house. You can choose from four sizes and six styles when you order it to tailor it to your needs and ensure you get something you can use a lot around the house.
- Attachments: Vacuum tube, power insert, bottom-zip bag, cord storage hook, and concentrator nozzle
- Brand: Toro
- CMF: 350 to 410
- Outfitted with variable speed control
- Comes with several attachments
- Easy to store in a compact form
- Quick-release latch to swap between functions
- Reduces debris by up to 88%
Bag has a bottom zipper that isn’t durable
6. Worx Trivac WG505 Vacuum Mulcher
You can effortlessly change functions with this product with the flip of a switch without needing to change out the tube, and it can swap from a 210 MPH blower that gets rid of wet leaves to a vacuum that will suck up your acorns, twigs, and leaves. It comes outfitted with a metal impeller that will take 16 bags of leaves and chop them down to a single bag, and the metal design is very durable because it resists corrosion and rust. You only need one hand to operate the vacuum and blower modes, and this is relatively easy because it weighs in at a lighter 9.5-pounds.
You get adjustable airflow speeds on this product that can slow down to 80 MPH to take on more delicate tasks, and it comes equipped with cutting-edge technology with modern efficiency standards to ensure that it lasts. There is a tube design that allows you to slip it under patio furniture or your deck with ease to get a thorough clean, and there is a collection bag included that is easy to empty between uses. Finally, there is a quick-release button on the bag to dump the leaves, and it’s a 1.2-bushel size.
- Attachments: Collection bag, battery
- Brand: Worx
- CMF: 350
- Allows for one-handed operation
- Lightweight at 9.5-pounds
- Collection bag holds 1.2 bushels
- Variable speed control
- Easy to swap between modes
- Doesn’t work well on irregular surfaces
What is the best leaf vacuum mulcher?
Our pick for the best leaf vacuum mulcher is the Toro 51621. It is a 3-in-1 electric model with a maximum airflow of 350 CFM in blow mode and 410 CFM in vacuum mode to ensure you can pick up or move different sized debris in your yard. It also offers up to 97% leaf reduction, and we liked that it was a very lightweight and ergonomic machine that you could use for hours without any fatigue. Finally, we picked this model because it has five styles to choose from when you shop, and it comes with durable pieces and materials that can last through heavy use.
Leaf Vacuum Blower Buying Guide
Before you start shopping for your new leaf vacuum mulcher, you should sit down and outline the most important features to have on it. Doing so will help ensure that you get a leaf vacuum mulcher that you’re going to use over and over again, and we’ve highlighted some important considerations for you below. Also check out our top lists on vacuums for cleaning cars and picking up long hair.
One of the biggest things to consider when you shop is the power source on your new product as you can choose from gas, electric or battery. Each one has benefits and drawbacks associated with it, including:
- Battery – A battery-powered model is nice if you have a bigger area to cover, and it gives you a greater range of mobility since there is no cord to worry about. They’re also quieter, but they’re slightly heavier because you’ll have a battery pack that you need to recharge frequently. Most batteries will allow it to run for an hour at most, so you have to plan time to recharge it.
- Electric – If you don’t want your leaf vacuum mulcher to emit fumes while it runs quieter, you may want to consider an electric model that is corded. They’re relatively inexpensive, great for one-handed use, have a push-button start, and offer zero exhaust emissions to make them more environmentally friendly. They’re great for smaller yards where you can access an outlet within 100 feet.
- Gas – A gas model will give you the highest airspeeds and the most power due to the more powerful motor, but it is also noisier, has more vibrations, and it emits exhaust fumes. It usually has a pull-start cord, and it can typically go through most projects very quickly.
You want to pay close attention to the build materials for your leaf vacuum mulchers as metal parts are going to last longer than plastic ones, and they’re going to give you more mulching power in general. Make sure that you have a durable body, metal impeller, and parts that aren’t going to wear out after a season or two.
Ideally, you’ll choose a brand that is very well-known for creating yard and power tools with a good reputation for customer service. These companies tend to pay more attention as a whole to the materials and processes they use to create their products, and this means that you’ll get something that you can easily use for years at a time. They’re also usually more responsive to questions and concerns if you have an issue.
You want to get a warranty on your leaf vacuum mulcher when you purchase it to cover any components or parts that may fail so you can get a replacement. Most products come with a limited or full warranty, and the warranty can last anywhere from a few months to several years. Ideally, you’ll get a full warranty that lasts for at least two or three years.
You should set a price point before you even start shopping for any new power tools because this helps to ensure that you don’t find the perfect product and see that it’s way out of your price range. Setting a budget will also help you narrow down the options right when you start shopping, and this can make it seem less overwhelming all together.
Leaf Vacuum Mulcher FAQ
It’s very common for people to have questions when it comes to this type of machine, and we’ve picked out a few very popular ones and answered them for you below.
1. How do leaf vacuum mulchers work?
Most of these products are handheld, and they come outfitted with a vacuum capability that allows them to suck up leaves before passing them through a spinning impeller blade to shred them. A lot of the handheld models also have the capability to be a blower, and this allows you to blow your lighter yard debris into piles to make collection easy.
2. How do you convert from a blower to a vacuum?
This will depend on the machine, but most of the options on the list simply require you to swap out the tube and flip a switch to go from a blower to a vacuum. Some don’t require you to switch out the tube as it uses the same on both models, and this makes it even faster to switch up what you’re doing to finish all of your projects quickly and easily.
3. Can you use leaf vacuum blower on wet leaves?
As long as the machine offers enough power, you can easily use your leaf mulcher to get wet leaves or debris out of your yard. The wet debris does increase the chances of clogs, though, so you do have to be careful if you choose to do this.